WooCommerce powers 12.72% of all eCommerce websites, that’s more than 259,383 retailers! Why these entrepreneurs find this an attractive solution for their stores? Let’s find out, if it suits your needs too.
MarketPress published research about number of products (SKUs) on WooCommerce stores and it appears, that 11% of respondents have around 1000 SKU, while 28,9% has from 250 to 1000. Though this study was made on a group of unrepresentative group of 37 retailers, it is indeed an interesting point to start.
Good thing here is no limitation for products, dfferently to some cloud hosted solutions. Though it is advisable to small or medium business, you won’t find big companies here.
E-commerce plugin for the most popular blogging platform WordPress was made by a Woothemes crue. It is WordPress alike so it’s main advantage is simplicity.
It is a free, open-source plugin that you can use and develop, take advantage from the international support. You can use dedicated support, online documentation, tutorials. You can contribute and build your own extensions. Also many developers can help you out with your store.
You can choose from many available customizable themes or get them specially made for you from the scratch. Though I shell add that in Magento Community 1.9 version you have a build responsive design option.
Different kind of products are available. Whether it will be t-shirts in all their shapes and sizes, music files or software, even affiliated products from a marketplace. It’s all possible. You can use:
- Simple product
- Configurable product
- Virtual product
- Downloadable product
Easily manage your digital or physical products with intuitive and WordPress centric UI.
You can run complex coupon campaigns offering a range of discount options, usage limits & product / user restrictions as well as free shipping.
EXTENSIONS AND INTEGRATIONS
There are already 232 WooCommerce extensions and 48 from them are free of charge. To compare Magento Community has thousands extensions developed and more than 800 are free of charge. There are lots of possible integrations you may be interested in. For instance, if you are looking for a Bright Pearl integration you would have to make one for yourself. No extension for this particular integration is on sale for WooCommerce at the moment. So, if you would like to have some integrations better check ,if ther are ready to use here.
What is more, if you plan to grow you may be interested in adding more and more Woocommerce extensions and that will cost you. Especially because it is advised to use origin source plugins and extensions to avoid problems and get to use extensions renewal 50% off.
Be careful with updating plugins though, as it can change your front-end and break your page. You should use professionals while your updates. A good idea is to think your needs through before signing for it, and check if it won’t be easier to use Magento Community with a bigger package of build features.
PAYMENT, SHIPPING, REPORTS AND INVENTORY OPTIONS
- There are for instance PayPal (for accepting credit card & PayPal account payments), BACS, and Cash on Delivery more than .
- Shipping options offering free shipping, or flat rate shipping. Cater for specific distribution logistics, like table rate shipping
- Assign store managers to handle the day to day inventory management.
- Reports from your WordPress backend – incoming sales & reviews, & general store performance, stock level. Best sales items and cathegories.
- Tax is the last thing you want to think about when opening a shop. We’ve made it simple. Configure tax settings with tax classes & local tax rates.
- Inventory management check – Automated block for products from unpaid order. You can check your stock levels and use advanced notification on your e-mail, when there is an order or luck of suply for some of your SKU’s.
- Though pre-order plugin may trouble you here. So if you plan on having it in a bigger amount you should consider Magento Community, as you may have to set them manually.
- SEO friendly solutions you may benefit from.
Hope this article helped you. If you have some questions our team can always answer it via e-mail or phone. Also you can check this WooCommerce review.